[linux-audio-user] Re: Mac? Linux PC?

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:15:45 EST 2006

Hiho,

>> Anyway, the kind of people who tend to successfully write music
>> languages tend to be CS people who just love the simplicity (to
>> a CS major) of Lisp

c> yeah, SCLang looks nice, shame it wont run on my OS :)

you mean supercollider?

it runs on most platforms now... osx, linux, and windows...

algorithmic composition has been in and out of fashion for several
centuries by now, so it's no wonder when composers now try and use
programming languages to formulate more complex algorithms.
How it is eventually presented to the interpreter (be this a human
musician or some machine) is another question.

sincerely,
Marije