[linux-audio-user] Re: dj-ing hardware under Linux

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Mar 13 22:42:49 EST 2006

> I'm thinking there is room for hardware mixer control outside of the current trend of proprietary hardware for each software application.
>
> -lee

Hi Lee,

A friend of mine and I have been thinking the same for a while and over
the next few months we intend to invest some time and money into making
a new hardware controller running embedded linux and using linux Audio
software. Imagine the hercules pc dj with a usb/flash card slot and
monitor to allow you to easily cue tracks.

You could carry a whole set on your usb flash drive and never have to
worry about heavy vinyl, scratched cds, turntables, faulty cdjs or dirty
  mixers again. It will be an all in one machine. The purpose of having
the usb slot is to make it very easy to keep your set up to date.

Over here in Thailand many DJ's have final scratch and use 300kb mp3s
for an entire set, I hear it's happening more in Europe and the US too.

Part of the specs require adding midi cc support to jackEQ.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM