[linux-audio-user] some apps don't work with usb-audio

Martin Kuball martinkuball at web.de
Mon Mar 13 16:21:11 EST 2006

Hi!

I have a Griffin iMic USB audio device. It works well using aplay and
xmms with the usb device I configured in my asoundrc.

But I cannot get ogg123 to work with this. E.g.

	ogg123 -d alsa09 -o dev:usb tr30.ogg

	Audio Device:   Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) output
	Playing: tr30.ogg
	Ogg Vorbis stream: 2 channel, 44100 Hz
	ALSA snd_pcm_hw_params_set_format error: the argument is invalid
	Error: Cannot open device alsa09.

Amarok with libxine and device usb gives: device is busy.

The xine player always uses the usb device when available as if it
were the default. When usb is not plugged in, the internal soundcard
is used.

I'm running these on an iBook, kernel 2.6.15 and debian sid.

Now can anybody tell me what's going on here? Are these known bugs or
do I make something wrong?

Martin