[linux-audio-user] Free Music Factory

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:04:11 EST 2006

> One point about the whole idea that I REALLY LIKE is the idea of
> collaboration on a much broader basis.  I think it is so cool when
> people post a drum track and say, "Could someone add a bass track to
> this?  I'm no good at bass..."  Or maybe define a general direction
> and mood for the song to go into, and whoever wants to get on board is
> welcome.  Then you would have musicians who actually _want_ to play
> this music helping out with the recording of a song.

Well so far in this thread, this seems like the most worthwhile thing to
respond to, as others have already stated my opinions, no sense
repeating them at this point in time.

I find this idea very intriguing...  Would people be interested if a
place to post up a track or two was put on the web, so others could
listen to it, and post up another track on their instrument of choice,
and build like that?  Could create an entire CD of completely random
artists.

Of course then you get things like, how to express a vision when there
isn't as much collaboration/agreement on it from the start.

Just ideas floating around in my head now, but it would be fun(And I
might be willing to look into doing it) to put up a musical forum of
sorts where people post up tracks, and possibly their vision for them,
for others to listen to, get inspired, and post up, and then possibly
have the engineers on the lsit come through and mix the entire thing
together, creating many different individual mixes possibly?

Ideas Ideas...  Now its time for someone to come back and post, this has
been done you idiot, we talked about it two days ago where were you?;)

        Seablade