[linux-audio-user] mac mini

Sunnan sunnan at handgranat.org
Wed Mar 15 19:28:11 EST 2006

(On jackd, the imic and ppc; I found this thread through a search engine:)

> Jack supports only samples in the native format of the machine which
> is
> big endian on PPC, but USB devices use little endian samples.
>

> Use "plughw:1" instead of "hw:1".

It still doesn't work for me. I get:
jackd 0.99.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... plughw:1|plughw:1|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|
swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
You appear to be using the ALSA software "plug" layer, probably
a result of using the "default" ALSA device. This is less
efficient than it could be. Consider using a hardware device
instead rather than using the plug layer. Usually the name of the
hardware device that corresponds to the first soun
ALSA lib pcm_mmap.c:368:(snd_pcm_mmap) mmap failed: Invalid argument
ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa

;;;
The iMic, including recording, works with other programs, i.e. esd (if
called as plughw:1) and with programs using the oss-emulation in alsa.
Jackd is working fine on the other soundcard, but I want it on the imic
(so I can record).

Thanks in advance,
Sunnan