[linux-audio-user] Free Music Factory

Tim Howard tdhoward at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 19:53:25 EST 2006

Seablade wrote:
> I find this idea very intriguing...  Would people be interested if a
> place to post up a track or two was put on the web, so others could
> listen to it, and post up another track on their instrument of choice,
> and build like that?  Could create an entire CD of completely random
> artists.
>
> Of course then you get things like, how to express a vision when there
> isn't as much collaboration/agreement on it from the start.

If the musician with the "vision" were in control of what was put into
the mix, I think it could function as a sort of a CVS system, with one
or two artists coordinating the efforts of many musicians!  Then there
could be beta releases, etc, saying "OK, here's what we are working
from now."  Then whoever wanted to bail out at that point (or spin
off, for that matter...) could do so graciously.

> Just ideas floating around in my head now, but it would be fun(And I
> might be willing to look into doing it) to put up a musical forum of
> sorts where people post up tracks, and possibly their vision for them,
> for others to listen to, get inspired, and post up, and then possibly
> have the engineers on the lsit come through and mix the entire thing
> together, creating many different individual mixes possibly?

I think it's a great idea, and likely hasn't been done yet using a
system analagous to Linux software development...  (Of course, I could
be wrong.  I've been wrong before...  ;-)

Lee wrote:

> http://www.iconnect.net/home/bsnpubs/gordystory.html
>
> (sorry couldn't resist)

OK, so that proves my last sentence!  LOL

-Tim