[linux-audio-user] Blue snoball USB mic

Lars Luthman larsl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 16 02:30:50 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 02:02 -0500, Lee A. Azzarello wrote:
> The thread about the Griffin iMic got me thinking about the Blue Snowball.
> Has anyone got this mic:
> http://www.bluemic.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Products&file=index∏_id=18
> working on GNU/Linux on any archetecture? I'm piecing together a wireless
> portable internet radio system and the mic preamp is the bottleneck. I can't
> find a decent battery powered mic preamp to talk to Jack. This model looks
> like a step in that direction.

I haven't tried it, but I've been thinking about getting a USB
microphone too. Remember that JACK can only handle one audio device, so
it's probably not completely trivial to record from an USB microphone
(which is a separate audio device) and for example output to another
soundcard using JACK.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php