[linux-audio-user] Blue snoball USB mic

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 16 11:18:26 EST 2006

Hallo,
lee at rockingtiger.com hat gesagt: // lee at rockingtiger.com wrote:

> I have used Jack with two audio devices, a usb device for input and
> a built in laptop device for playback. There were audible dropouts,
> but that is because the built in device is poorly made. So using my
> past experience, it would be possible to use a usb mic as input and
> a second usb device for output, creating a self contained portable
> studio.

Could you elaborate a bit on how you're doing that? asoundrc-magic or
is it just possible by starting jackd in some funky way?

(And before someone complains about how sick that setup would be: I
see some reasonable uses for this, for example if you want to record
something in decent quality with a laptop using a USB-device-input,
but you want to listen to the currently recorded stuff through the
laptop speakers, which are linked to the onboard card.)

Ciao