[linux-audio-user] "Multimedia Ubuntu"

Rob lau at kudla.org
Fri Mar 17 16:04:08 EST 2006

On Fri March 17 2006 15:55, Lee A. Azzarello wrote:
> ----- Matt Henley <nwmatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On my box, I do have an example.  If I use the kernel set up
> > for low latency recording, the kernel modules required for
> > vmware do not compile.
> Ha ha ha ha! Oh man. Considering the vmware modules are closed
> source, that is 100% their problem, not your favorite
> distro's.

Well, it's my problem if I can't run an application I need, and
if there are enough people like me it becomes the distro's
problem.

> If you need reinforcement, Linux Torvalds has lots
> to say on closed source kernel modules.

He also has a lot to say about KDE vs. GNOME, but that doesn't
stop half of the top 10 mainline distros from making GNOME their
default desktop for whatever reason.

Rob