[linux-audio-user] "Multimedia Ubuntu"

Matt Henley nwmatt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 16:09:25 EST 2006

On 3/17/06, Rob <lau at kudla.org> wrote:
> On Fri March 17 2006 15:55, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 14:50 -0600, Matt Henley wrote:
> > > On my box, I do have an example.  If I use the kernel set up
> > > for low latency recording, the kernel modules required for
> > > vmware do not compile.
> >
> > I am not referring to the -rt kernel, but the mainline kernel,
> > which is perfectly adequate for low latency these days.
>
> I would think that the difference between the "plain"
> distribution and the "multimedia" distribution would be the
> difference between "adequate" and "excellent."
>
> Rob

And the system feels great with the Ingo's patch on it.  Slightly off
topic (not really) but does anyone have a Tascam US-428 working
properly?  I got one off ebay, because it was supported but have not
been able to get it up and running (although i have gotten it to load
the bios software and initialize.

Matt