[linux-audio-user] Re: Aligning audiofiles for different recorders.

Dan Easley daneasley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 08:17:35 EST 2006

> > What brands/models of camcorders have you had good
> > experiences with? Any
> > you avoid like the plague?
>
> I haven't got much experience with cam coders. I own a
> couple Canon XL1 cameras which are pretty cheap. They
> use tiny screws that set into plastic in the lense
>
> The cameras we run at the television studio are in an
> entirely different league of expense and quality.

agreed - we use Sony XDCAMs at the station - I suppose I'd be happy to
recommend them, but they are prohibitively priced.  Sorry to hear the
XL1's use plastic in the lens mounts - I'd love to get one of those.

It seems impossible to find a digital video camera with a manual focus
ring for under $1000.

daneasley at gmail.com
dan at towndowner.com dan at burntpossum.com
http://towndowner.com http://burntpossum.com