[linux-audio-user] mono to stereo input in ALSA

Ken Schutte kschutte at csail.mit.edu
Sun Mar 19 09:15:47 EST 2006

Renato Fabbri wrote:
> just install jack packages and then go:
> #jack -d alsa
> to get it running
>
> and
> #qjackctl
> to mannage easelly jack´s connections.

I've used qjackctl, but I thought there might be a way to do it at a
lower level.  Because, in qjackctl Connections, if I have no connections
set, I still hear the mono line-in coming directly out the left output.
  If I then connect alsa_pcm:capture_1 to alsa_pcm:playback_1 and
playback_2, this seems to add extra connections, and sounds like it's a
bit like a chorus effect.

Or maybe there is a way to turn off the "automatic throughput", so only
the connections I see in qjackctl are actually made?

Ken