[linux-audio-user] [OT] PLEASE change subject when topic changes ! (was Re: Companies Refusing to Release/Permit Linux Drivers)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Mar 19 10:32:42 EST 2006

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>:
>

>>I took one of them once to go record the SUI Scottish
>>Hilanders bagpipe band, but it was raining so we all
>>retired into a 20x40 quonset hut. With the sound of about
>>15 bagpipes all focused at the center of that thing by the
>>rounded roof, I plugged that mic into the line input on a
>>pretty good tandberg tape recorder that could do 15 ips,
>>and had to leave the line gain control down at about 1.5 on
>>a 0-10 scale.  I think my tinnitus & carhart notches
>>started then.  But I also got some quite usable recordings
>>they used as promo's for quite a while.
>>

>Aha, so the scottish run from rain :)
>
>You happen to have an url for a picture of the Altec M-21
>somewhere? Can't find one myself. Love to read your stories
>and recollections, Gene.

This is all very interesting. It also has nothing to do with the Subject
line.

Please change the subject, unless you don't care about other people
finding your potentially helpful information. If I were searching the
LAU archives for data regarding Scotsmen running from the rain while
tape recording themselves cleansing vinyl with common household
detergents... well, I don't think a subject line of "Companies Refusing
to Release/Permit Linux Drivers" would be quite the investigative cue ...

Best,

The LAU Etiquette Police