[linux-audio-user] Setting OSS emulations using .soundrc?

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Mar 20 08:57:57 EST 2006

I have three "cards"
1. An ens1371 -- oldie but goodie fished from the can (as my dman2044 has no
alsa support).
2. A Yamaha sw60xg. Midi sound generator, run through snd-mpu401 (Yamaha
recommended such in w2k before they had a real driver).
3. A Roland um-1 USB MIDI interface.

Applications that let me choose my routings work fine. Jack is great.

However, many OSS oriented apps simply default to the /dev/??0 as default. In
my set up, audio plays but of course, MIDI does not. Nor can I get MIDI
input. How might I set things up so that the default output /dev/midi0
references the Yamaha, now referenced in /dev/midi1, for instance and
the input references the um-1, now /dev/midi2 ??