[linux-audio-user] [OT?] camcorder mic

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Mon Mar 20 18:28:56 EST 2006

I'm shopping for new camcorder and am considering getting a "shotgun"
mic for it. I wondered if anyone here has any experience with these. I'm
looking at the Rode VideoMic:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VideoMic/

I've pretty much settled on the Panasonic PV-GS300 camcorder. Any
experiences or opinions on that are also welcome.

Also, is there any such thing as a linux-video-users list where this
might be more on-topic? I remember seeing a linux-video-developers list
in someone's sig here or on lad, but can't recall the URL and didn't
know if a video-user's question would be on-topic for that list anyway.

Thanks,
ERic Rz.