[linux-audio-user] [OT?] camcorder mic

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Tue Mar 21 19:08:14 EST 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 06:46, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>Hi Gene,
>>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>On Monday 20 March 2006 18:28, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> The importation of raw video is just an exersize in dma, running it thru
> the ogg theora to compress it will not be done in real time by any
> commonly available cpu today and will heat the cpu quite a bit.  So it
> will have to be treated as a file to file project where time is just
> wall time.

I beg to differ on that point, as we did exactly that throughout last
year's LAC2005.

miniDV camcorder -> ieee1394 -> 2GHz athlon laptop -> dvgrab ->
ffmpeg2theora -> oggfwd -> icecast -> icecast relay in DC -> xine on
same laptop to monitor stream

The laptop handled the cpu load just fine.

:-D

-Eric Rz.