[linux-audio-user] What is currently the best USB audio interface for Linux?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 22 08:58:51 EST 2006

Hallo,
Lee Revell hat gesagt: // Lee Revell wrote:
> What other options are there for someone stuck with a laptop with crappy
> onboard sound (all of them these days)?

This could change however: With Intel pushing "hda" audio and also
with Via having rather good ICE-chips, the chips are there, now the
laptop manufacturers only need to follow and design systems with
proper isolation etc. I guess, it won't take long before the first
laptops with decent built-in audio performance show up. The market is
getting more competitive each day and I'm sure, a feature like
highquality audio will become important quite soon.

Ciao