[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] VxPocket and hotplug - need help getting it working

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Mar 22 12:10:23 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:49 +0100, Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
> I do not know what a suitable solution might be.  Paid-for support
> could
> be an alternative.  A vendor selling "certified" hardware and
> combinations of hardware might be another.  I know that I have spent
> more than a full week trying to solve my problem now (and more before
> that), and would probably be willing to pay something for qualified
> help.
>
> The fact still remains, though, that the deepest insight into alsa is
> found among the developers.  So, for the hardest problems, the
> developers would probably still have to be involved.  And there we
> are
> again.

What error does "vxloader" give when trying to load the firmware?

It's possible that this driver has bitrotted - the only other reference
I see to it on LAU before your message is a similar issue in 2004.

Does anyone out there have one of these working with recent ALSA
versions?

Do you have a machine with a really old distro on it you can test?

Lee