[linux-audio-user] Internet Music Business Models + Logos

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 22 15:18:53 EST 2006

Hi!

Alle 20:36, martedì 21 marzo 2006, Carlo Capocasa ha scritto:
> 1. For the first business model I was thinking of selling music on an
> 'All Rights Reserved' basis, but with FULL RESALE RIGHTS. In other
> words, people are allowed to distribute your work for free if they want
> to, but there is a little incentive not to, because they can also sell
> it to their friends. This is very empowering to people since it
> encourages them to create additional sources of income for themselves
> except their jobs. To give you a little leverage, some exclusive content
> for people who buy direct (liner notes, additional artwork, exlusive
> bonus tracks, anything bonus really) on the site appears a  good idea.

This way, you create music labels out of listeners, and I think it can be
interesting! And every distributor can add something to his offer, a bit like
a "distro" for your music! There will be minimalistic distros (the file and
nothing else), the bloated ones (you can get a full CD with cover etc.) and
the "compile it yourself" distro: you get the MIDI files and the patches for
the synths and you create the music at home:)
But for this it's needed a good license, to put clear every obscure point that
might raise!:)

> LOGOS
>
> In order for people to know what is expected of them I have created a
> set of logos (SVG, http://shelljam.sourceforge.net/musicstream.svg).

The logos are nice, except for the "musicstream": IMHO a more beautiful font
is needed!:)

> PS: The ideas of 'Made with Free Software' and 'Geek is Cool and Sexy'
> have not been forgotten, but as far as I can see should be launched as
> seperate campaigns so non-Geeks and Propellerheads users can be part of
> the Phun as well!

This one is for me:)

Byez!

Carotinho