[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] VxPocket and hotplug - need help getting it working

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Fri Mar 24 09:07:45 EST 2006

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:49 +0100, Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
>>I do not know what a suitable solution might be.  Paid-for support
>>could
>>be an alternative.  A vendor selling "certified" hardware and
>>combinations of hardware might be another.  I know that I have spent
>>more than a full week trying to solve my problem now (and more before
>>that), and would probably be willing to pay something for qualified
>>help.
>>The fact still remains, though, that the deepest insight into alsa is
>>found among the developers.  So, for the hardest problems, the
>>developers would probably still have to be involved.  And there we
>>are
>>again.
> What error does "vxloader" give when trying to load the firmware?
>
> It's possible that this driver has bitrotted - the only other reference
> I see to it on LAU before your message is a similar issue in 2004.
>
> Does anyone out there have one of these working with recent ALSA
> versions?

I missed the beginnings of this thread ... Is the issue with a digigram
vxpocket? what specific model (if there are more than one ...) ?

I know RFA has a number of digigram cards around, none of which are
currently in use. I'm pretty sure one is a vxsomething-or-other. I'm not
a developer anywhere near the level of Lee's accomplishment, but I've
done a good bit of code debugging, including a little driver work. I'll
try to find the cards once I get into the office today. Let me know what
card we're talking about here. If it matches up, I'll see what I can do
to help.

-Eric Rz.