[linux-audio-user] Re: battery strangeness (Atte Andr? Jensen)

Phil Mendelsohn phil at rephil.org
Fri Mar 24 17:25:37 EST 2006

> What on earth...???? I'm clueless. I have disabled frequency scaling in
> the kernel, and the system is quite sleek running openbox and a
> minimalistic install. Any ideas as to where I should look would be
> appreciated.
>
> BTW: All behaviour is reproducable. I didn't, however reproduce the
> clock strangeness from 2)...

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but 2.6 has been fairly, um, "loose"
shall we say?, regarding all the devices and reordering.

There are some similarities between some of what you report and a problem
a colleague had on a Gentoo box, with clock trouble and a few other
goodies.

It turned out to be a bad X driver for his (Nvidia?) card, and building
the latest driver fixed some seriously unrelated things.

I don't know what video driver you're using, but you might check this, as
unrelated as it seems.

HTH,
Phil M

--
Dept. of Mathematics, 342 Machray Hall
U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2