[linux-audio-user] battery strangeness

Chuck Martin dsdhpnw02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 24 19:44:08 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 11:11:37PM +0100, Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com wrote:
> 1) I have a csound instrument that reads the interval between taps and
> writes a percentage of that to the delay time of a global delay (code
> attached). That was totally screwed up, and taps would translate to
> something 2-3 times faster.
>
> 2) At the end of the rehearsal the clock of my laptop was late (I think,
> maybe it was early) by something like 30-45 minutes. Normally the clock
> is just fine and I set if from rdate every hour, so It had dropped over
> 30 minutes while running about two hours on battery.

This sounds supiciously like a problem I reported here not long ago,
but didn't get an answer for, especially the second problem.  This
wouldn't happen to be a Pentium III, would it?  After reporting the
problem on the LKML, I was given a temporary workaround by John Stultz
that involved booting with "clockwource=pit", which fixed the problem
for me.  The problem also exists for the -mm kernel, and he provided
a patch for that that also worked, but none for the -rt kernel (I didn't
try the patch he provided on the -rt kernel; maybe I should).

Anyway, I don't think the fix has appeared in the -rt patches yet, but
I haven't been able to get sound to work in the newest kernels, so
I'm still trying to solve that problem before I can say for sure.

Chuck