[linux-audio-user] Sharing samples via P2P

carmen ix at replic.net
Fri Mar 24 22:57:23 EST 2006

> > Personally, I was thinking more in terms of samples than complete
> > pieces and had this idea that we would have a common library, accessed
> > through p2p.  Maybe a bit fanciful.
>
> I understand. I just don't really think p2p is the best tool for this
> job - aside from the bandwidth issue, an easy-to-use website is much
> better suited.

as long as the website also responds to XML requests..so you can wrap its functionality via libcurl or something and integrated it right into the application. im talking about a sample searchbox right in hydrogen or something. the kind of things we can only do beacuse everything is free...

i know freesound is integrated into PD in this manner, via an external. the basic API can be fairly simple...i might even write something lke this up for my own use soon, and of course will put up the source..