[linux-audio-user] battery strangeness

Chuck Martin dsdhpnw02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Mar 25 09:05:14 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 08:51:29AM +0100, Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com wrote:
> Chuck Martin wrote:
>
> >This sounds supiciously like a problem I reported here not long ago,

My keyboard appears to have been invaded by gremlins.  That should have
been "suspiciously"...

> >but didn't get an answer for, especially the second problem.  This
> >wouldn't happen to be a Pentium III, would it?
>
> No, it's a Pentium IV...
>
> >After reporting the
> >problem on the LKML, I was given a temporary workaround by John Stultz
> >that involved booting with "clockwource=pit", which fixed the problem

And that should have been "clocksource=pit".  Sorry for the confusion.

> >for me.
>
> Could you post a link to the discussion?

Unfortunately, only my original question appears in the mailing list.
John Stultz replied privately asking for more information and the
output of dmesg, suggested I try the -mm kernel to see if it also had
the problem, suggested the "clocksource=pit" workaround, and then sent
me a patch to try for the -mm kernel.  When I reported that the patch
worked for -mm, he said he would "polish it up and send it to Andrew."
I asked if -mm could also be used with the -rt patch, since realtime
was important to me, but I didn't get a reply.

Chuck