[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] VxPocket and hotplug - need help getting it working

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Mon Mar 27 12:52:04 EST 2006

Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:07:45AM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>I missed the beginnings of this thread ...
> There are archives available.  See also the alsa-user archives.

Sure, I should have said "missed beginnings ... and don't have time to
check the archives at the moment ...

>>Is the issue with a digigram
>>vxpocket? what specific model (if there are more than one ...) ?
> Yes.  It is a  Digigram VXpocket V2.
>
>>I know RFA has a number of digigram cards around, none of which are
>>currently in use. I'm pretty sure one is a vxsomething-or-other. I'm not
>>a developer anywhere near the level of Lee's accomplishment, but I've
>>done a good bit of code debugging, including a little driver work. I'll
>>try to find the cards once I get into the office today. Let me know what
>>card we're talking about here. If it matches up, I'll see what I can do
>>to help.
> Wonderful!
>
> You can follow the lastest developments in the alsa-devel list.  (I'll
> copy in my latest post there below.)

Alas ... the vxpockets have gone missing. (assuming they existed) There
is a vx222 PCI card. Would that be useful? I'm guessing probably not ...

> Summary so far: I have the most recent kernel (2.6.16) and the most
> recent ALSA (1.0.11rc4), but have still not got the card to work.

I'll try again to find out if anyone else has any idea what happened to
the vxpockets.

-ERic Rz.