[linux-audio-user] Re: Tascam US-122 and Debian

Björn Lindström bkhl at elektrubadur.se
Mon Mar 27 15:13:44 EST 2006

For good measure I thought I should summarise my problem again, now
that I've struggled with this a couple of days more.

It was suggested that I should use a `nrpacks=1' argument to the
snd_usb_usx2y module when using the US-122, so I have specified that
using modconf.

Now, if I boot with the US-122 connected, I can for starters see it
using lsusb:

  Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1604:8007 Tascam US-122 Audio/Midi Interface

This line would contain a notice if firmware hadn't been loaded to the
device, so I can tell that part is working.

I also see it in /proc/asound/cards:

  2 [USX2Y          ]: USB US-X2Y - TASCAM US-X2Y
                       TASCAM US-X2Y (1604:8007 if 0 at 002/003)

However, I still see no /dev/dsp2, and `aplay -l' lists only my
internal card.

Now someone has told me I should use the program usx2yloader from the
alsa-firmware-loaders package to activate the US-122. However:

  % sudo usx2yloader -c 2
  usx2yloader: error in loading /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/us122.rbt

(us122.rbt is there and comes from the latest ALSA release.)

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to go from here?