[linux-audio-user] Re: Tascam US-122 and Debian

Björn Lindström bkhl at elektrubadur.se
Tue Mar 28 09:38:29 EST 2006

Thanks for the reply. Here's my comments.

jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com (Jeremiah Benham):

> I have this device. I never have to pass an argument to usx2yloader I
> also have never used nrpacks=1. I never needed to.

Well, if I don't pass usx2yloader the card argument it just says:

  usx2yloader: no US-X2Y-compatible cards found

So, usx2yloader seems to be where my problem is. It doesn't succeed,
and I've never gotten any LEDs to light up on the US-122. At best I
get this:

  $ sudo usx2yloader -c 2
  usx2yloader: error in loading /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/us122.rbt

Could you tell me what version of alsa-firmware you have, and where
you got it? (That is where the us122.rbt file comes from.)

> The first time I set it up I ran the fxload on the first firmware
> that is needed.

That seems to work. I figure out the USB bus with lsusb, and run:

  sudo /sbin/fxload -s /home/bkhl/src/usx2y-fw/usx2y-fw-0.1b/ld2-ezusb.hex -I /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/us122fw.ihx -D /proc/bus/usb/N/N

I hear a click and the program succeeds without any output.

> I believe you need to have usbfs for any of this to work.

I assume I have it, since loading the firmware works.

> I highly recomend doing by hand first before assuming that hotplug
> has done anything at all correctly.

I have tried it by hand, too, in every order and fashion I have been
able to think of. hotplug gets exactly as far as I do. That is, it
loads the firmware correctly, but it fails to activate the device.

So, it all comes back to figuring out why usx2yloader fails, and/or
why it doesn't find the card at all without the -c argument.