[linux-audio-user] Re: midi note numbers

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:32:43 EST 2006

2006/3/29, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>:
> > 2) which note name corresponds to 0? C0? C-1?
> I don't know note names, I'm a computer musician, however generally
> midi note 69 is supposed to be 440Hz which is something with the
> letter "a" in it, in whatever case.

Then it is A1 speaking in musical terms. The octaves above (freq*2)
would be A2,A3,A4 and the octaves down (freq/2) are a,A(, Kontra-A
?)...

I don't know the midi terms but they always irritated me as a
musician. And as a sound engineer I think in frequencies, not so much
in midi-notes...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/