[linux-audio-user] question about jackd/qjackctl options

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 00:07:50 EST 2006

Hello list,

I've been going through the options available in qjackctl, and also
the options mentioned here:  http://www.djcj.org/LAU/jack/.  I've
noticed two options:

soft mode
-a (ASIO support)

What's odd is that neither option is mentioned in the other's doc.
For example, I cannot find a reference to ASIO support in qjackctl.
Likewise, I cannot find an explanation for soft mode in jack's doc.

Two questions:  what is soft mode, and is ASIO support still supplied
and useful?  One additional question:  is there a place that provides
comprehensive explanation of jack's features and how to use them?
--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com