[linux-audio-user] Re: regarding the 2nd Book Of Linux Music & Sound

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Mar 31 07:51:46 EST 2006

Orm Finnendahl wrote:

>Hi Dave,

Hi Orm !

>on a related issue: In our school we are testing linux only on laptops
>for the music theory department. As some teachers are using Finale, we
>came up with installing Finale on vmware player. It seems to work
>without problems. We are planning to put the Finale-on-vmware on
>usbsticks to keep the Finale licenses under control (that way they can
>be given out to students like a dongle).

I gotta say it: Wouldn't it be cheaper to just use LilyPond ?

(Sorry, I'm being obtuse). :)

>Are you coming to the LAC this year?

Sorry, I won't be there this year. I'll be monitoring the chats and
video feeds.

I'm sad to miss it, I spent many months over the past year learning how
to pronounce Eric Rzewnicki's last name, now I'll have to wait until
next year to prove that I can really say it. All that effort... ;-)

Best always,

dp