[linux-audio-user] Re: Help me set the volume for Freebob, please!

Daniel Wagner wagi at monom.org
Wed Nov 1 18:18:20 EST 2006

> And you're sure this would take more than ten lines of code if you would
> hard-code the volume-level? I wouldn't even mind compiling the program
> each time I want to change the volume as long as I do not have to wade
> in the evil waters of software dependency.

The thing is not the length of the program or the how you would to use
it even if it were dirty. The problem is to figure out what kind of AV/C
command has to be send to which subunit etc. Though I have access to the
documentation this is still not an easy thing to find out. Since you
seem extremely eager to get something I'll try to look into it asap. But
no promise it will be available soon.

daniel