[linux-audio-user] Cannot get qjackctl, jackd, alsa working.

David Froseth dfro at umich.edu
Sat Nov 4 14:47:16 EST 2006

I am trying to get jackd, qjackctl, and alsa working on a pentium d
desktop running ubuntu edgy.  I am getting these error messages when I
start qjackctl:

ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
12:38:49.469 Could not connect to JACK server as client. Please check
the messages window for more info.
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.024 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.012 msecs
12:38:57.669 MIDI connection change.
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.534 msecs
12:38:58.077 Could not connect to JACK server as client. Please check
the messages window for more info.
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.124 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 2.709 msecs
12:39:01.196 JACK is stopping...
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 2.769 msecs
jack main caught signal 15
no message buffer overruns
12:39:01.333 JACK was stopped successfully.

Any ideas on how to fix this?