[linux-audio-user] cdrdao TOC weirdness

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Nov 5 18:26:15 EST 2006

I've just upgraded my system from Fedora Core 4/Planet CCRMA to FC5
with the Planet, and hit a very odd problem.

I'm at the end of a project mastering a compilation disk done by employees
of a company I used to work for, and went to burn a test copy of the CD.
This works fine under FC4 with cdrdao 1.1.9, but broke under FC5 with
cdrdao 1.2.1.  It gacks with the following errors:

ERROR: heartlab.toc:23: START 00:02:00 behind or at track end.
ERROR: heartlab.toc:36: START 00:02:00 behind or at track end.

The track sections look like this:
TRACK AUDIO
COPY
NO PRE_EMPHASIS
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE 0 {
     TITLE "Struttin'"
     PERFORMER "Brad Pseudonym"
     COMPOSER ""
  }
}
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "/tape/Heartlab/Struttin.wav"  0

As far as I can tell, this is exactly what I should have for a Redbook
compliant audio disk, and should have no problems at all.  Does anyone know
what's up with the TOC files and the new version of cdrdao?

Thanks.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com