[linux-audio-user] Re: cdrdao TOC weirdness

Paul set at pobox.com
Tue Nov 7 22:00:54 EST 2006

Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com>, on Mon Nov 06, 2006 [11:35:43 AM] said:
> On Mon,  6 Nov 2006 09:13:39 +0200
> Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com>:
> >
> > > ERROR: heartlab.toc:23: START 00:02:00 behind or at track end.
> > > ERROR: heartlab.toc:36: START 00:02:00 behind or at track end.
> > >
> > > The track sections look like this:
> > > TRACK AUDIO
> > > COPY
> > > NO PRE_EMPHASIS
> > > CD_TEXT {
> > >   LANGUAGE 0 {
> > >      TITLE "Struttin'"
> > >      PERFORMER "Brad Pseudonym"
> > >      COMPOSER ""
> > >   }
> > > }
> > > PREGAP 00:02:00
> > > FILE "/tape/Heartlab/Struttin.wav"  0
> >
> > You haven't specified the length of the track. I'm guessing the correct
> > format in this case would be something like:
> >
> > FILE "/foo/bar.wav" 0 03:40:02
> >
> > Specified in minutes:seconds:cd-frames (cd-frames are 75 in a second iirc).
>
> Thanks for the pointer on this.  Interestingly, cdrdao calculated this
> from the audio file in an earlier version, but must not now.  I'll have to
> research the best way to determine this canonically now.  Seems like a step
> backwards to me, but what do I know?

	Hi;

	Sounds like a bug to me. From the cdrdao man page:

              Adds  the  audio  data  of  specified  file to the current audio
              track. It is possible to select a portion of an audio file  with
              <start>  and  <length> which allows non destructive cutting. The
              first sample of an audio file is addressed with <start> = 0.  If
              <length>  is  omitted  or  set  to 0 all audio data from <start>
              until the end of file is used.

Paul
set at pobox.com