[linux-audio-user] Re: Radio Interference problems when recording

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Nov 7 23:26:03 EST 2006

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 20:05 -0500, jmacdermott at dopd.com wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you mean by ferrite beads, or how to place them on the cables?
>>  What leads are the hot leads on the cables (I assume you are referring to the
>> XLRs?)  Sorry for being so dense, but I'd appreciate it if you could explain
>> this to me in greater detail (like a two year old, say?) ;)
>
> If it hasn't been suggested already, get one of those cheap plug-in
> circuit testers from a hardware store and make sure all circuits are
> grounded properly.  I keep one in my guitar case.  This is a good idea
> for safety reasons anyway.

I second that suggestion. You changed locations, so the circuits your
equipment is on now are different from before. If your circuits are
shared with notoriously-noisy electrical equipment (washers, dryers,
stuff with electrical motors in them, IIRC), RF filters and power
conditioners will make the difference.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com