[linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.7.12 and jack_capture V0.3.9

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 10 03:41:50 EST 2006

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> david:
>>> In case, you only need to write "jack_capture", and thats it, the --port
>>> argument is not necessary. Please also write why you felt the need to
>>> use the --port argument, I probably have to change the documentation.
>>>
>>> In case not, please post the complete output from the terminal,
>>> including the command you used to start jack_capture.
>>
>> david at eurolap:~$ jack_capture
>> No valid ports selected.
>> david at eurolap:~$
>
> Thats actually impossible. :-)
>
> Maybe you are starting an older version of jack_capture?
> Which version of jack_capture did you install from RPM?

Converted RPM - I'm running Debian. jack_capture-0.3.9.

> Please also try "type -a jack_capture"

Results:
david at eurolap:~$ type -a jack_capture
jack_capture is /usr/local/bin/jack_capture
jack_capture is /usr/bin/jack_capture
jack_capture is /usr/bin/X11/jack_capture

and "/usr/local/bin/jack_capture".

Results:
david at eurolap:~$ /usr/local/bin/jack_capture
No valid ports selected.

And finally:
david at eurolap:~$ /usr/bin/jack_capture
/usr/bin/jack_capture: error while loading shared libraries:
libjack.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
david at eurolap:~$ /usr/bin/X11/jack_capture
/usr/bin/X11/jack_capture: error while loading shared libraries:
libjack.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

At the moment, I'm trying to record the output of fluidsynth, which is
being driven by Rosegarden through JACK.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community