[linux-audio-user] echo3g module fails to load firmware

guillaume Meurisse g.meurisse at laposte.net
Fri Nov 10 15:32:22 EST 2006

Hi,

I bought a layla3g last month. I cant manage to get it work. when i
load the module i can read this in /var/log/messages:

install_resident_loader: Failed to write DSP code

If i retry the error message changes to this:

install_resident_loader: Failed to write word count!

I tried both 1.0.11 and 1.0.13 alsa versions. The sound card has worked
a few times and i dont understand why.

Here is kernel option relative to either kernel module loading or
firmware loading that are activated:

-module unloading
-automatic kernel module loading
-select only drivers that don't need compile-time external firmware
-prevent firmware from being built
-Userspace firmware loading support(M)

This soundcards works well under windows, so this is not a hardware
issue. What can i do to get it work with linux?

Cordialement,
Guillaume Meurisse