[linux-audio-user] problems starting Breakage (the drum sequencer)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Nov 11 13:30:52 EST 2006

I DL'd Breakage from http://www.blackholeprojector.com/ . This needs chuck to
be installed, so I built, and installed it with no problems. Also it needs
java as it's a java app. So I DL'd jdk1.5.0_09 from Sun, and installed it
in /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_09.

I already have Sun's jre installed on another couple of distros, and creating
links has enabled me to load applets on Firefox for sites that use java. I've
done the same on this jdk install, and Firefox will load applets ok, but I've
never used Java apps before.

This is on Fedora Core 2. The insructions for starting Breakage are to double
click on the "Breakage2.jar" file. I do this, but all that happens is that a
load of files are printed out in Konqueror. these are .class, and .gif files,
under various headings.

Obviously I have some problem with Java. Either links or something.

Can anyone offer any help to fix this?

I have GB's of .wav files, and Breakage can use them, so it would be nice to
try it.

Nigel.