[linux-audio-user] Dave's Prelude

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 05:29:01 EST 2006

Folderol wrote:

>I think anyone recording piano pieces is very brave! I know, from my
>childhood piano lesson days, it is a particularly unforgiving
>instrument - probably why it is so often used for teaching.
>
>To any other keyboard users, if you want to find out exactly how bad
>your timing is, or how weak the melody, change the voices to piano -
>best have a stiff drink handy :/

Just to be precise: I don't play piano or any other musical keyboard. My
MIDI pieces are composed note by individual note, i.e. in what used to
be called step-time, using the Insert key on my QWERTY keyboard.

If the recording conveys the effect is of a more-or-less real player,
it's due to the tempo and velocity work done after the note entry.

And as always, thank you for listening to my music. :)

Best,

dp