[linux-audio-user] HDSP + CardBus + Multiface

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Nov 13 12:18:08 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 17:02 +0000, Nick Murtagh wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > no immediate insights, but do stop messing around with .asoundrc while
> > debugging this. just use aplay -D plughw:1 , which should multiplex the
> > sound across all channels. also, although it works better than it used
> > to, do not remove the card while the machine stays up. let us know if
> > anything changes.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I got rid of .asoundrc and used plughw:1, same result, hdspmixer lit up like a
> christmas tree, no sound, and aplay never returns.
>
> Here's a screenshot of hdspmixer: http://nickm.net/hdspmixer.png
>
> I'll try a few different kernels and try disabling SMP...

you've probably got new firmware. the current ALSA drivers don't work
with new firmware. you have two choices:

 a) downgrade to older firmware (requires access to a windows system)
 b) find someone who is serious about taking the files i have and
updating the drivers.

i am sufficiently upset by RME's attitude to Linux support for their
devices that when combined with the fact that i have absolutely no time
for driver work means that i can't do this myself.

--p