[linux-audio-user] HDSP + CardBus + Multiface

Nick Murtagh nickmurtagh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:06:03 EST 2006

On 11/13/06, Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Btw, I have fresh Multiface II and it works with cardbus well enough
> (with some minor issues with boot order and firmware loading).

Lucky you :(

I tried 2.6.18.2 and it makes no difference. Haven't gotten around to
messing with firmware, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be
doing - I've got an old multiface and a new cardbus adapter...

At this point I'm ready to give up on RME. What's a good alsa-compatible
replacement? I need something with 8 analog inputs, and SPDIF would
be nice too. Already have a desk so don't need pre-amps.

Looking at a Terratec Phase 88 Firewire + Freebob. Pretty cheap too
considering the cost of a multiface + adapter. Anyone using this sort
of setup?

Nick