[linux-audio-user] FC2->Fc3->Fc4->Fc5->FC6->FC*: it's crazy!

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Nov 14 21:35:27 EST 2006

Joseph M. Gaffney wrote:

>> What's the difference? Couldn't I just keep FC5 and not go to FC6, for
>> example. Or, does CentOS have an easy upgrade path?
>>

> CentOS is simply RHEL (which is based on Fedora), and is supported for longer
> than FC, but by the CentOS developers and contributors.

Now I remember, it's an enterprise version based on RHEL. However, I
don't know how much of Fedora is in RHEL. RHEL was started years before
Fedora. I imagine there is some, but doesn't Redhat pick and choose what
to put in. Besides, it's built for the enterprise, and stability as you
say.
As their site says:
CentOS-4 is a freely distributable OS built from the source at:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS

To me, that sounds like it would be a couple of steps back from FC.

What do other use and are you happy with the upgrades?