[linux-audio-user] fxload and Midisport firmware

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Nov 15 03:04:35 EST 2006

I upgraded to Fedora 6 and now I want to reinstall the firmware for my
M-Audio Midisport 4x4 interface:

http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/

This software requires fxload:

# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for fxload... /sbin/fxload
configure: error: /sbin/fxload not found; please install the fxload
package first

The problem is, fxload is not included in FC6 and I think I remember
even with FC5 it was deprecated.

What's the deal here, is fxload really just an old application that is
now outdated? Is there any other way to install and load the firmware on
FC6?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/