[linux-audio-user] Re: The famous "Jack Hum" (Can't record and desparate)

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Wed Nov 15 22:47:50 EST 2006

The high load thing worked; I noticed that the singing disappeared when
I started programs, moved some windows, etc.

So I posted "Singing Capacitor Fix wanted" and discribed I wanted a load
generator. Karsten supplied me with this:

--QUOTE--

A simple load generator with low scheduling priority:

	echo 'for ((;1;)); do i=0; done;'|nice -n 19 sh

--     --

This works like daisy. I included it in QJackCtl and it works like a
charm. No performance penalty, and the noise is completely gone. Of
course there might be heat issues to deal with, but they can be solved
seperately.

Now I need to test with my Roland Edirol card, this was using the Alsa
driver. Will keep you guys posted.

Carlo