[linux-audio-user] FC2->Fc3->Fc4->Fc5->FC6->FC*: it's crazy!

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:07:48 EST 2006

On 11/16/06, Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
> anyone use Ubuntu?

I run Dapper Drake on my laptop.  I like it a lot.  Most things
work right out of the box.

Haven't done any fancy customizations.  There is a good selection
of audio packages in Ubuntu Studio.

The only problem I've seen is the difficulty (shared with Debian)
of installing a new JACK from sources.  For me, that is easy to fix
with a small script[1], but it causes trouble for many users.

There is a long-running thread on jackit-devel about this right now.

[1] Here's the script I run after installing JACK from source...

#!/bin/sh
LIBJACK_0=/usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0
LIBJACK_SO=/usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0.0.23
cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -sf ${LIBJACK_SO} ${LIBJACK_0}

--
 joq