[linux-audio-user] Re: ALSA not recognizing Ego Sys Waveterminal 192L

David Causse nomoa at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 16 11:22:28 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 04:04:52PM +0100, Mathias Friman wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I have a friend who has a bit of trouble with the above sound card.
>
> According to the ALSA hardware guide it is all green and an envy24 HL driver, which
> seem to correspond with the ice_1724 module. Is that correct?
>
> The card shows when running "lspci", and "lsmod | grep snd" shows that the ice_1724 module
> is loaded. But the card is not included in the list when doing a "cat /proc/asound/cards" and
> is is not listed when doing a "cat /proc/interrupts". He already has got a Midiman
>
> Anyone got some clue to what may be wrong?

I had the same behaviour with snd_ice1712, module loaded but no card in
/proc/asound/cards . This was due to a conflict in alsa card number. I
tried to load snd_ice1712 on slot 0 and slot 0 was already taken by my
CK804.  Have a look at /etc/modprobe.d/* or any other files that alter
the way modules are loaded and check how this module is loaded maybe you
have the same problem I had.
A simple test will permit to determine if you are affected by this
problem. Just load your module by bypassing modprobe config

# rmmod snd-ice1724
# modprobe -C /dev/null snd-ice1724

Can you see it in /proc/asound/cards?
Yes? It must be an index conflict problem you have to fix your modprobe
config.
No? I don't have any clue.

David.