[linux-audio-user] Sub-harmonic generator? (LADSPA or VST)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Nov 16 12:53:26 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:39:36AM -0800, Tim Howard wrote:
> Hello,
>   Does anyone know of a good plugin that will generate subharmonics?
> I would like to put a little more low frequency "oomph" into my bass
> track.  Preferrable LADSPA, but VST would work, too.

google knows everything: try Steve's "Audio Divider" plugin.
I haven't tried it.

Also somewhere in a crufty corner of the internet, I have a CSound
orchestra that does this. Pretty simple algorithm, sounds pretty good
IIRC.  Not a plugin of course, but with CSound 5 and the -rtaudio=jack
command option, you might be able to use it.  google to the rescue
again...
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-audio-dev@music.columbia.edu/msg09826.html

--

Paul Winkler