[linux-audio-user] Re: Interview with EnergyXT Developer

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Fri Nov 17 02:44:57 EST 2006

Fons Adriaensen:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:27:54PM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>
>> I think one good thing that is coming out of this is that the creator has
>> apparently convinced some VST makers to recompile their VSTs for Linux as
>> well. So, not all that is commercial is necessarily evil...
>
> What does that mean, a VST compiled for Linux ? Will it work without
> a Windoze emulator ?

Sure, many vst plugins either don't have a gui, or are based on toolsets
that are available for linux as well, such as juce, vstgui and fltk.
(I've been reading the vst development list for some years)

I think its a shame that a non-free program was necessary to make
some VST makers recompile their VSTs for linux though...