[linux-audio-user] Interview with EnergyXT Developer

rj at spamatica.se rj at spamatica.se
Fri Nov 17 02:48:48 EST 2006

Fons Adriaensen skrev:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:27:54PM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>

>> I think one good thing that is coming out of this is that the creator has
>> apparently convinced some VST makers to recompile their VSTs for Linux as
>> well. So, not all that is commercial is necessarily evil...
>>

> What does that mean, a VST compiled for Linux ? Will it work without
> a Windoze emulator ?

There is no inherent problem to recompile VSTs for native linux,
ecasound has had support for lots of years, not much use though since
there has been no plugins..
I talked to the guy via mail and he is going to setup a linux-vst site
with information, this can be the start of something good!

/Robert