[linux-audio-user] Presonus Firepod + Linux = ? ? ?

Peter Finnegan petespin at att.net
Sat Nov 18 13:07:39 EST 2006

The key parts to get the firepod working are libfreebob, jack 102.20,
and a desktop preemption realtime kernel.  If you want the gui front end
to jack, you need qjackctl 0.2.20.

I am using Fedora Core 6 with a presonus firebox currently. Fedora Core
6 provides libfreebob, jack, and qjackctl as part of the fedora extras.
I am in the process of rolling a realtime kernel, although I have had
decent performance with the stock fedora kernel.

Fedora Core 5 plus the Planet CCRMA repository will work well.  You will
need to recompile jack, and compile libfreebob.  You will have access to
more audio apps, though.

Also take a look at the gentoo and the gentoo pro-audio overlay.

>From reading the freebob wiki, it seems as if there is an arch linux
package available, so that may be an option.

PF

 .